Why Organic Tea?

Organic Certification is especially important when it comes to tea. The first time tea comes into contact with water is when it steeps in our cups. Organic cultivation protects the environment, the farmers, and you. 

Organic Tea Farming

Organic tea farming began in 1987. Beyond delivering the highest quality product, organic agriculture ensures a healthy and sustainable environment because organic farming does not use chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or insecticides. This practice preserves our earth’s resources by minimizing pollutants, as well as protects the health of the workers who would otherwise be exposed.

We, at Numi, are proud that all of our tea bags and loose teas are certified organic.

What is organic?

According to Organic.org, “organic produce and other ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms, or ionizing radiation.” Organic agriculture promotes and enhances biodiversity, biological cycles, soil biological activity through management practices that restore, maintain and enhance ecological harmony.

How do I know if something is organic?

Organic Certification is awarded, regulated, and monitored by third parties.

Look for any of these logos:

 

 

USDA_Organic bw     EU_Organic_Logo_Colour_OuterLine_rgb     Logo_organic    Org_canada_bw

The USDA has identified four categories of labeling organic products:

 

  • 100% Organic: Made with 100% organic ingredients
  • Organic: Made with at least 95% organic ingredients
  • Made With Organic Ingredients: a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30% including no GMOs   (genetically modified organisms)
  • Products with less than 70% organic ingredients may list organically produced ingredients on the side panel of the package, but may not make any organic claims on the front of the package.

newsletterbanner

Join our Communi’tea!

Subscribe to our newsletter
to get 15% off your first order!

subscribe